Thinking about selling your home this fall? Here are five tips that will help.
Looking to buy a home? Search all homes.
Looking to sell a home? Get a FREE home value report.
Now that the temperature has dropped a bit, we’ll start seeing the leaves change colors and pumpkin spice flavoring everywhere. One of our listing specialists, Tara Friedt, has five tips to share to help you prepare your home for sale during the fall and winter months. They include:
1. Don’t overdo decorations for fall. A few tasteful choices here and there is all you need to get the maximum impact on buyers.
2. Make your home warm and inviting. Put a few plush throws around the beds and couches. Make sure the temperature isn’t too hot or cold as well.
3. Go easy on the Halloween gore. Everyone loves Halloween decorations, but not everyone loves the bloody or gory kind of decorations. Keep it simple and traditional as to not “scare off” any buyers.
4. Clean your windows to let as much light in as possible. With all the rainy, gloomy days we see around here, it’s important to maximize the amount of natural light that your home lets in.
5. Clean up those leaves. Great curb appeal is essential, but you won’t get it with giant piles of leaves in your yard. They will distract from the home.
If you have any questions for us or you’re looking to buy or sell a home this fall, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We would love to hear from you.