Looking to buy a home? Search all homes.
Looking to sell a home? Get a FREE home value report.
Today we are going to give you the ultimate summer home maintenance checklist. Here is what you need to do in order to keep your home looking spic and span and save on energy costs this summer:
1. Check your detectors. Both carbon monoxide and smoke detectors should have fresh batteries and be working efficiently.
2. Check all ceiling fans and air conditioners. Replace filters, clean, and dust them so that you know that they are working efficiently.
3. Consider drying your clothes outdoors. If you are going through a dry spell outdoors, hang a clothesline outside instead of using the dryer. It will save you money and energy.
4. Clean your grill. Let’s be honest, everyone likes to barbecue. Make sure you clean your grill often to avoid fire hazards and burnt burgers.
5. Analyze your deck. If you do not stain and/or seal your deck every few years, you are probably going to see some dry rot. Make sure everything is secure so that you do not have to worry about it.
6. Wash those windows. Fingerprints, dog saliva, and more will get on your windows. Give them a nice cleaning when the weather is nice out.
7. Check all of your faucets. This includes indoor and outdoor faucets. It gets cold in the winter, and freezing spigots can cause the water in the hose to freeze and burst your pipes. Run through and make sure everything is working properly and you do not have any leaks that waste water.
If you want any more home maintenance tips or you are interested in buying or selling a home anytime soon, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.